GOLDMAN FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT
In 1951, Local citizens of Goldman decided in order to protect the lives and property of the
community; a properly organized fire department was needed. Based on that need, the
Goldman Community Volunteer Fire Department was formed. The first Goldman fire apparatus
was obtained from a local scrap yard and placed in service. Five years later, their first brand-new
fire truck, a 1956 pumper was purchased.
What started as a handful of concerned
citizens that selflessly volunteered to serve
their neighbors and community, has grown
with the times. The Goldman fire district is
now comprised of 2 fire stations. Station #1
is the manned 24 hours a day 7 days a week
with 2 paid State certified Firefighter/EMT's
along with a group of dedicated volunteer
firefighters. Station #1 also houses the
administrative offices, the district training
and board rooms.
Station #2 is operated on-call only (district
volunteer firefighters respond from their
homes when called)
After serving the community for 26
years as the Goldman Community
Volunteer Fire Department, the
people of Goldman voted to form
a fire protection district. In 1976
the G.C.V.F.D became what is still
the Goldman Fire Protection
District. Since its beginning, the
Goldman Fire Protection District
has continued to grow to serve the
Each station is equipped with a
Rescue Engine and a 4x4 Brush truck.
There is also a 3000 gallon Tanker
located at station #1. The Fire Chief
staffs a 4x4 Officer/Command vehicle.
All of the Goldman Fire District
apparatus are equipped with
modernlifesaving emergency medical
supplies including AED’s.